What we collect
We collect the following information:
- contact information: address, telephone number and email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers – if you have not chosen to opt-out
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and, in particular, for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping as a healthcare provider.
- To improve our products and services as a healthcare provider.
- To send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information in the legitimate interest of your animal, using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- By registering with The Vet you consent to us contacting you for the reasons above under the legitimate interest of providing the best care for your animal.
- If you choose not to provide the personal information requested at registration your animal will not be able to be treated by our clinics.
- You have the right to request a copy the personal information that we hold for you at any time. If you would like a copy of some or all of the personal information, to make a correction or request that we delete the data we hold please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may change your mind at any time regarding your contact preferences and unsubscribe from marketing communications – this is clearly marked on all communications we will send you.
- If you have chosen not to be contacted for marketing purposes and change your mind, you are able to opt-in at any time. Please advise the reception team at the clinic when you next visit.
- If you have chosen not to be contacted for marketing purposes, we will not contact you for that purpose. This will not affect the standard service communications you will receive, confirming that we have received your registration, and medication, vaccination or appointment reminders, as these are in the interest of your animal’s care.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website experience, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
We use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online and to make ads more relevant to you. These cookies will be used by first parties (such as Google) and third parties (such as DoubleClick) to show our ads on websites other than our own and to serve more relevant ads based on users’ past visits to our website.
To opt out of Remarketing or to control your preferences, please visit Google’s own settings page here. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over third party websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation of 2018 (GDPR). A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Quality Pet Care Ltd. Suite 1C Lynton House, Station Approach, Woking, Surrey, GU22 7PY.