37 per week over four-days with no OOH
Only 1:4 weekends
Salary dependant on experience
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced small animal vet to join the successful team in our Warrington centre. Working on a mix of consults and ops, you will be on a rota that helps maintain your own wellbeing as well as that of the animals that we care for.
Founded in 2013, The Vet was born with the belief that veterinary healthcare should be made accessible to everyone. We have grown to 8 clinics across the UK with our latest clinic opening in Portsmouth 2018. We do things differently and challenge the status quo when it comes to pet health. We believe in making a positive change to the pet health industry by offering our clients exceptional care and support with fair and value pricing.
Our clinics are some of the best around. The space and facilities here will let you tackle a diverse caseload, building your clinical skills and helping more animals and their humans enjoy life together.
All our clinics and facilities are purpose-built, giving you everything you need to deliver a wide range of care under one roof. Each clinic has its own separate dental, x-ray, lab and ultrasound suites. Each also has at least two operating theatres, six consulting rooms and an open, spacious prep area, as well as separate dog and cat recovery wards and walk-in isolation. We also have a cosy and comfortable staff room where you can relax during breaks and enjoy your free lunch each Friday.
About the role
We truly believe in the value of great General Practice vets; expert practitioners that are omni-capable and act as a pillar of their local community to support the wellbeing of the people and animals in their care.
Reporting to the Clinical Director and working side by side with our clinical and non-clinical teams, our vets are key to achieving our ambitions of better clinical outcomes through early diagnosis.
As well as always thinking of ways to improve the care that we provide and develop the centre, your core duties will be to –
- Practice outstanding medicine, surgery and emergency care. Be a role model general practitioner that consistently demonstrates a diagnostic driven approach to animal care
- Consistently perform Gold Standard consultations. Intuitively ‘read’ the client & patient to anticipate their needs. Influence the clients to follow your first-class, expert advice
- Build high trust relationships with clients to achieve better compliance and therefore better clinical outcomes for the animals in your care
- Confidently recommend further medical progress checks until we are satisfied that there is a full resolution and ideally a diagnosis has been achieved
- Utilise our bespoke menu of diagnostic panels to assess the most common clinical presentations. Read, interpret and evaluate findings and use these to create and confidently recommend an agreed treatment plan.
About the role
In order to be successful in this exciting post, you will be –
- A first-class vet. With a firm understanding of the importance of a “diagnostic-first” approach – we do not advocate symptomatic therapy
- An individual who enjoys engaging with clients and their pets and understands the benefit of augmenting the owner-pet bond. Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication within a consultative environment
- Demonstrates a professional, confident and calm approach – inspiring confidence in the clients and team. Enthusiastic, positive and resilient
What we offer
The Vet offers a great work/life balance and a chance to work within our professional & up to date clinics alongside our Clinical Director and friendly team of Vets, Nurses, VCA’s and Receptionists. You will be supported to develop your skills and will have the opportunity to progress.
Staff at The Vet are rostered into a 4-day working week plus 1:4 weekends. This averages out to 37 hours p/w over a 4-week period.
Along with a well-structured rota, you will receive:
- Salary dependent on experience
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays
- Flexible working pattern
- The Vet – Values in Actions Awards
- 5% Pension Contribution
- Cycle scheme
- Mindful Living Courses
- Continuous professional development
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Cover
- Compassionate leave on the loss of a pet
- Employee Discount at The Vet and a reward scheme including external discounts
- Help@Hand Scheme
- Free food Friday’s