We are looking for a full time Receptionist to join our team at The Vet Morden.
The Vet is a high quality veterinary healthcare provider, offering a full range of affordable small animal veterinary services to clients, operating an appointment and no appointment, walk-in clinic system.
The ideal candidate will be a positive, friendly service-orientated person with a “can do” attitude who has:
- Previous receptionist and / or customer services experience working within a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record of maintaining good working relationships with customers and staff
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational and prioritising skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks, work to tight deadlines and stay focused under pressure
- Outstanding telephone manner with the ability to build rapport with customers quickly
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Previous experience working within the veterinary sector would also be an advantage.
This role will involve:
- Welcoming and registering new customers
- Booking in customers and making sure they receive gold standard care
- Answering the telephone and dealing with a range of customer queries
- Ensuring correct medicine is being given out according to the Vet’s prescription
- Managing customer expectations regarding wait time
- Administration duties e.g. scanning in paperwork, filling in forms etc.
- Taking payments
- Promoting offers and services
- Help wherever needed with animal restraint or animal care
- Salary up to £19,000 (depending on experience)
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- 5% pension contribution
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free lunch Fridays
- Supportive environment and a great place to work.
Your standard working hours will be 40 hours per week. You will be required to work shifts within our opening hours. You will also be part of our weekend rota, working 1 in every 4 weekends but will get time off during the week to make up for the weekend hours worked.