We are looking for a full time Receptionist to join our team at The Vet Morden.
The Vet is a high quality, affordable veterinary healthcare provider, offering a full range of small animal veterinary services to clients, operating a mixture of walk-in/appointments.
The ideal candidate will be a positive, friendly service-orientated person with a “can do” attitude who has:
- Previous Reception experience (ideally working within the veterinary industry).
- Proven track record of maintaining good working relationships with clients and staff.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organisational and prioritising skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks, work to tight deadlines and stay focused under pressure.
- Outstanding telephone manner with the ability to build rapport with clients quickly.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
This role will involve:
- Welcoming and registering new clients.
- Booking in clients and making sure they receive gold standard care.
- Answering the telephone and dealing with a range of queries.
- Ensuring correct medicine is being given out according to the Vet’s prescription.
- Managing client expectations regarding wait time.
- Administration duties e.g. scanning in paperwork, filling in forms etc.
- Taking payments.
- Promoting offers and services.
- Help wherever needed with animal restraint or animal care.
- Salary £17,000 – £18,500 (depending on experience)
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- 5% pension contribution
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free lunch Fridays
- Supportive environment and a great place to work
Your standard working hours will be 40 hours per week. You will be required to work shifts within our opening hours. You will also be part of our weekend rota.
Salary depending on experience
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £17,000.00 to £18,500.00 /year