We require a qualified Veterinary Nurse to deliver exceptional care to our customers and their pets, help us obtain hospital status and become RCVS Accredited.
Who we are
The Vet is a low-cost, high quality veterinary healthcare provider, offering a full range of affordable small animal veterinary services to clients, operating a no appointment, walk-in clinic system. We offer a range of clinical services from preventative healthcare through to complex medical, surgical and orthopaedic procedures. We have superb, spacious, purpose-built surroundings with two operating theatres, six consulting rooms, digital x-ray and an up-to-date Idexx in-house laboratory.
You will be supported to develop your skills and will have the opportunity to progress as we are a young, growing, thriving company with lots of new opportunities emerging.
Who we need
- An enthusiastic veterinary nurse who is passionate about the provision of high quality service to patients and clients.
- A key participant in the running of our dynamic and forward thinking clinic in Morden, supporting the rest of the nursing team.
- Someone who is keen to continually improve their professional knowledge and experience and are an excellent communicator, understanding that educating pet owners about their pets’ welfare is just as important as providing high quality treatment.
- You will need to be qualified and registered to apply.
What we offer
- Salary up to £22,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- 5% pension contribution
- RCVS registration fees
- CPD support up to £300 pa & up to 3 days training
- Further diplomas fully funded
- Well structured rota
- Free lunch on Fridays
With our great facilities and supportive team we will support you to be the best nurse you can be.
Your standard working hours will be 40 hours per week and you’ll be required to work shifts within our opening hours. You will also be part of our weekend rota too, working 1 in every 4 weekends. You will get time off during the week to make up for the weekend hours worked. Please note, opening hours will change once we start providing overnight care and then again once we obtain hospital status (mixture of days and nights).