We require an enthusiastic Receptionist to deliver exceptional care to our clients and their pets at The Vet, Southampton – the hours will be 20-24 hours including two evenings (latest finish 8.30pm) and 1 in 3 weekends.
Who are we?
The Vet is a high quality veterinary healthcare provider, offering a full range of affordable small animal veterinary services to clients. We offer a range of clinical services from preventative healthcare through to complex medical, surgical and orthopaedic procedures. We have superb, spacious, purpose-built surroundings with operating theatres, multiple consulting rooms, digital x-ray and an up-to-date Idexx in-house laboratory.
You will be supported to develop your skills and will have the opportunity to progress as we are a growing, thriving company with lots of new opportunities.
The ideal candidate will be a positive, friendly service-orientated person with a “can do” attitude who has:
- Previous customer service experience working within a fast-paced environment (essential).
- Previous Veterinary experience (desirable).
- Proven track record of maintaining good working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organisational and prioritising skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks, work to tight deadlines and stay focused under pressure.
- Outstanding telephone manner with the ability to build rapport with customers quickly.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
This role will involve:
- Welcoming and registering new customers.
- Booking in customers and making sure they receive gold standard care.
- Answering the telephone and dealing with a range of customer queries.
- Ensuring correct medicine is being given out according to the Vet’s prescription.
- Managing customer expectations regarding wait time.
- Administration duties e.g. scanning in paperwork, filling in forms etc.
- Taking payments.
- Promoting offers and services.
- Help wherever needed with animal restraint or animal care.
- Salary up to £19,000 DOE pro rata;
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays pro rata;
- Flexible working pattern;
- The Vet – Values In Actions Awards;
- BVRA Training
- Compassionate leave at the loss of a pet;
- Continuous professional development;
- 5% pension contribution (after probation period);
- Group Life Cover;
- Employee Assistant Programme;
- Mindful Living;
- Employee discount;
- Cycle Scheme;
- Free lunch Fridays.
- Supportive environment and a great place to work.
Your standard working hours will be 20-24 hours per week. You will be required to work shifts within our opening hours. You will also be part of our weekend rota, working 1 in every 3 weekends, Saturday and Sunday.