Receptionist – Bristol
We require a Receptionist with previous veterinary experience to deliver exceptional care to our clients and their pets at The Vet, Bristol.
Who are we?
The Vet is a high quality veterinary healthcare provider, offering a full range of affordable small animal veterinary services to clients. We offer a range of clinical services from preventative healthcare through to complex medical, surgical and orthopaedic procedures. We have superb, spacious, purpose-built surroundings with operating theatres, multiple consulting rooms, digital x-ray and an up-to-date Idexx in-house laboratory.
You will be supported to develop your skills and will have the opportunity to progress as we are a growing, thriving company with lots of new opportunities.
The ideal candidate will be a positive, friendly service-orientated person with a “can do” attitude who has:
- Previous customer service experience working within a fast-paced environment (essential).
- Previous Veterinary experience (desirable).
- Proven track record of maintaining good working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organisational and prioritising skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks, work to tight deadlines and stay focused under pressure.
- Outstanding telephone manner with the ability to build rapport with customers quickly.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
This role will involve:
- Welcoming and registering new customers.
- Booking in customers and making sure they receive gold standard care.
- Answering the telephone and dealing with a range of customer queries.
- Ensuring correct medicine is being given out according to the Vet’s prescription.
- Managing customer expectations regarding wait time.
- Administration duties e.g. scanning in paperwork, filling in forms etc.
- Taking payments.
- Promoting offers and services.
- Help wherever needed with animal restraint or animal care.
- Salary dependent on experience
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 5% pension contribution (after probation period)
- Staff Discount
- Free lunch Fridays
- Supportive environment and a great place to work.
Your standard working hours will be 40 hours per week. You will be required to work shifts within our opening hours. You will also be part of our weekend rota, working 1 in every 4 weekends.