We are looking for a full time Receptionist to join our team at The Vet, Bristol.
At The Vet we do things differently and challenge the status quo when it comes to pet health. We offer our clients exceptional care and support, 7 days a week with fair and value pricing. Our team are available during the week and at evenings and weekends with a range of walk in and appointments to suit their schedule.
The ideal candidate will be a positive, friendly, service-orientated person with a “can do” attitude who has:
- A minimum of 2 years reception and customer service experience (essential).
- Previous veterinary reception experience.
- Proven track record of maintaining good working relationships with clients and staff.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organisational and prioritising skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks, work to tight deadlines and stay focused under pressure.
- Outstanding telephone manner with the ability to build rapport with clients quickly.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
This role will involve:
- Welcoming and registering new clients.
- Booking in clients and making sure they receive gold standard care.
- Answering the telephone and dealing with a range of queries.
- Helping to deal with any client complaints.
- Ensuring correct medicine is being given out according to the Vet’s prescription.
- Managing client expectations regarding wait time.
- Administration duties e.g. scanning in paperwork, filling in forms etc.
- Taking payments.
- Promoting offers and services.
- Help wherever needed with animal restraint or animal care.
- Competitive Salary (dependent on experience)
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays (pro rata)
- 5% pension contribution
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free lunch Fridays
- Supportive environment and a great place to work
Your standard working hours will be an average of 40 hours per week. Including working 1 in 4 weekends.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Dependent on experience