We are looking for a part-time Receptionist to join our team at The Vet, Southampton.
The Vet is a high quality, affordable veterinary healthcare provider, offering a full range of small animal veterinary services to clients, operating a mixture of walk-in/appointments.
The ideal candidate will be a positive, friendly, service-orientated person with a “can do” attitude who has:
- A minimum of 2 years reception and customer service experience (essential).
- Previous veterinary reception experience (preferred).
- Proven track record of maintaining good working relationships with clients and staff.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organisational and prioritising skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks, work to tight deadlines and stay focused under pressure.
- Outstanding telephone manner with the ability to build rapport with clients quickly.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
This role will involve:
- Welcoming and registering new clients.
- Booking in clients and making sure they receive gold standard care.
- Answering the telephone and dealing with a range of queries.
- Helping to deal with any client complaints.
- Ensuring correct medicine is being given out according to the Vet’s prescription.
- Managing client expectations regarding wait time.
- Administration duties e.g. scanning in paperwork, filling in forms etc.
- Taking payments.
- Promoting offers and services.
- Help wherever needed with animal restraint or animal care.
- Salary: £17,000 p/a (pro rata)
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays (pro rata)
- 5% pension contribution
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free lunch Fridays
- Supportive environment and a great place to work
Your standard working hours will be an average of 13 hours per week. This will include 1 Weekend day p/w + 2 Shifts during the week. You will be required to work shifts within 10am – 8:30pm during the week and between 8am – 4:30pm on weekends.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £17,000 per annum (pro rata)