We require a Receptionist with fantastic customer service to deliver exceptional care to our clients and their pets at The Vet, Portsmouth.
Who we are
The Vet is a high quality veterinary healthcare provider, offering a full range of affordable small animal veterinary services to clients. We offer a range of clinical services from preventative healthcare through to complex medical, surgical and orthopaedic procedures. We have superb, spacious, purpose-built surroundings with operating theatres, multiple consulting rooms, digital x-ray and an up-to-date Idexx in-house laboratory.
You will be supported to develop your skills and will have the opportunity to progress as we are a growing, thriving company with lots of new opportunities.
The ideal candidate will be a positive, friendly service-orientated person with a “can do” attitude who has:
- Previous customer service and veterinary experience working within a fast-paced environment.
- Proven track record of maintaining good working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organisational and prioritising skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks, work to tight deadlines and stay focused under pressure.
- Outstanding telephone manner with the ability to build rapport with customers quickly.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
This role will involve:
- Welcoming and registering new customers
- Booking in customers and making sure they receive gold standard care.
- Answering the telephone and dealing with a range of customer queries.
- Ensuring correct medicine is being given out according to the Vet’s prescription
- Managing customer expectations regarding wait time
- Administration duties e.g. scanning in paperwork, filling in forms etc.
- Taking payments.
- Promoting offers and services.
- Help wherever needed with animal restraint or animal care.
- Salary dependant on experience
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 5% pension contribution (after probation period)
- Staff Discount
- Free lunch Fridays
- Supportive environment and a great place to work.
Your standard working hours will be an average of 25 hours per week working 2pm – 7pm. You will also be part of our weekend rota, working 1 in every 3 weekends.