Due to on-going expansion, we are looking for a Head Receptionist to join our team at The Vet Southampton.
The Vet is a low-cost, high quality veterinary healthcare provider, offering a full range of affordable small animal veterinary services to clients, operating an appointment and no appointment, walk-in clinic system.
As Head of Reception you need to contribute to the clinic’s operational efficiency and be willing to comply with all tasks associated with running a successful Veterinary clinic as requested by your Business Manager.
- Need to have an understanding and commitment to the aims of the company and demonstrate commercial awareness.
- Ensure Gold standard service is delivered throughout all aspects of the waiting room and customer service.
- Work alongside the leadership team to ensure a harmonious working atmosphere engaging with vets, nurses and receptionists to ensure a cohesive team and exceptional service.
- Be expected to support the Business Manager in any performance related issues.
- Be directly responsible for the reception team, and will provide support for Head Nurse and Head Vet.
The ideal candidate will be a positive, friendly service-orientated person with a “can do” attitude who has:
- Previous receptionist experience, leading a team within a busy environment.
- Previous experience cashing up.
- Previous experience having challenging conversations, resolving customer complaints and being able to influence at all levels.
- Strong track record of developing, managing and maintaining good working relationships with customers and staff.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and processes and able to come up with ideas of how these can be improved.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organisational and prioritising skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks, work to tight deadlines and stay focused under pressure.
- Outstanding telephone manner with the ability to build rapport with customers quickly.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Previous experience within the veterinary sector would also be an advantage; participation in our weekend rota will be required.
What we offer:
- Salary up to £23,000 (depending on experience).
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 5% pension contribution, cycle scheme & childcare vouchers
- Free lunch on Fridays
- Supporting environment and a great place to work.
Your standard working hours will be 40 hours per week. You will be required to work shifts within our opening hours. You will also be part of our weekend rota too, working 1 in every 3 weekends. You will get time off during the week to make up for the weekend hours worked. Please note, opening hours will change once we start providing overnight care and then again once we obtain hospital status.