Due to on-going expansion, we are looking for a Head Receptionist to join our team at The Vet Morden.
Who we are:
The Vet is a low-cost, high quality veterinary healthcare provider, offering a full range of affordable small animal veterinary services to clients, operating an appointment and no appointment, walk-in clinic system.
About the role:
As Head of Reception you need to contribute to the clinic’s operational efficiency and be willing to comply with all tasks associated with running a successful Veterinary clinic as requested by your Business Manager and Clinical Director
- need to have an understanding and commitment to the aims of the company and demonstrate commercial awareness.
- ensure Gold standard service is delivered throughout all aspects of the waiting room and customer service.
- work alongside the leadership team to ensure a harmonious working atmosphere engaging with vets, nurses and receptionists to ensure a cohesive team and exceptional service.
- be expected to support the Business Manager in any performance related issues.
- be directly responsible for the reception team, and will provide support for HRVN and the clinical team
- Excel at ensuring a high quality veterinary service and communication at all times, whether within the clinic or communicated externally via marketing and social media.
- Ensuring good preventative healthcare knowledge and veterinary understanding to be able to advise clients accordingly and recognise and act on pet emergency situations.
- Ensuring the service level in the reception and waiting area excels at first impressions to foster excellent client relations, interaction and engagement.
- Complying with stock ordering and control levels.
- Ensure correct uniform compliance and understand the impact of first impressions.
- Developing good working knowledge of the practice management system to meet the needs of the business.
- Ensuring full payment is made and processed at the time of the service or product sale, then manage appropriately
- Consent forms are signed for cases requiring a general anaesthetic, sedation, surgical or medical procedures or hospitalisation.
- Ensure written fee estimates are generated.
- Perform administration and financial duties as required by the business.
What we are looking for:
The ideal candidate will be a positive, friendly service-orientated person with a “can do” attitude who has:
- Previous experience working as a receptionist within a busy environment.
- Strong track record of developing, managing and maintaining good working relationships with customers and staff.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and processes and able to come up with ideas of how these can be improved.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organisational and prioritising skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks, work to tight deadlines and stay focused under pressure.
- Outstanding telephone manner with the ability to build rapport with customers quickly.
- Confident having challenging conversations and being able to influence at all levels.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Previous experience within the veterinary sector would also be an advantage; participation in our weekend rota will be required.
What we offer:
- Salary up to £23,000 (depending on experience).
- 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- 5% pension contribution
- Free lunch on Fridays
- Supporting environment and a great place to work.
Your standard working hours will be 40 hours per week. You will be required to work shifts within our opening hours. You will also be part of our weekend rota too, working 1 in every 3 weekends. You will get time off during the week to make up for the weekend hours worked.