The Vet is a high quality veterinary healthcare provider, offering a full range of affordable small animal veterinary services to clients. We offer a range of clinical services from preventative healthcare through to complex medical, surgical and orthopedic procedures. We have superb, spacious, purpose-built surroundings with operating theatres, multiple consulting rooms, digital x-ray and an up-to-date Idexx in-house laboratory.
The ideal candidate will be a positive, friendly, service-orientated individual with a “can do” attitude who has:
- Reception team leadership
- Practice management system
- Products, process Ability and wider service
- FOH Guardianship
- Previous customer service experience working within a fast-paced environment (essential).
- Previous Veterinary experience (desirable).
- Proven track record of maintaining good working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organisational and prioritising skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks, work to tight deadlines and stay focused under pressure.
- Outstanding telephone manner with the ability to build rapport with customers quickly.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
This role will involve:
- Welcoming and registering new customers.
- Booking in customers and making sure they receive gold standard care.
- Answering the telephone and dealing with a range of customer queries.
- Ensuring correct medicine is being given out according to the Vet’s prescription.
- Managing customer expectations regarding wait time.
- Administration duties e.g. scanning in paperwork, filling in forms etc.
- Taking payments.
- Salary up to £22,000;
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays;
- Flexible working pattern;
- The Vet – Values In Actions Awards;
- BVRA Training
- Compassionate leave at the loss of a pet;
- Continuous professional development;
- 5% pension contribution (after probation period);
- Group Life Cover;
- Employee Assistant Programme;
- Mindful Living;
- Employee discount;
- Cycle Scheme;
- Free lunch Fridays.
- Supportive environment and a great place to work.
Your standard working hours will be 40 hours per week. You will be required to work shifts within our opening hours. You will also be part of our weekend rota working 1 in every 4.