Full Time; Salary up to £24,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Due to expansion, we have created an exciting new role. We are looking for a full time Customer Care Manager to deliver a gold standard service to our customers and to lead our reception team at The Vet Southampton.
The Vet is a high quality, low-cost veterinary healthcare provider, offering a full range of affordable small animal veterinary services to clients, operating a mixture of walk-in/appointments.
As a Customer Care Manager, you are a key lynchpin in the clinic as you will see everything and everyone who comes through our doors. It is your responsibility to make the right decision for the customer to deliver on our purpose of ‘We do things differently to help more animals and their humans enjoy life together’.
You will be responsible for leading the reception team, including coaching and their professional development. Communication across the different teams, the smooth running of the clinic and overall customer excellence will always be high on your agenda.
The ideal candidate will be a positive, friendly service-orientated person with a “can do” attitude who has:
- Previous reception / customer services experience working within a fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience of managing and leading a team and the ability to operate as part of the clinical leadership team.
- Previous experience of working with a P&L and managing costs
- Proven track record of maintaining good working relationships with customers, other teams and staff.
- Prove track record of making decisions quickly, fairly and effectively.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organisational and prioritising skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks, delegate effectively, work to tight deadlines and stay focused under pressure.
- Outstanding telephone manner with the ability to build rapport with customers quickly.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Familiar with digital tools such as Facebook, Trustpilot etc
Previous experience working within the veterinary sector would also be an advantage.
Areas of responsibility will be:
- In-Clinic Customer Excellence – communication, waiting room & reception standards.
- Reception team leadership – recruitment, performance & management.
- Clinic communication driver – with your customers, team, clinic & head office.
- Clinic administration duties – making sure these are completed effectively and efficiently.
- Clinic local communications, events and marketing – to drive customer acquisition and transactions
- Salary up to £24,000 (depending on experience)
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- 5% pension contribution
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Free lunch Fridays
- Supportive environment and a great place to work.
Your standard working hours will be 40 hours per week. You will be required to work shifts within our opening hours. You will also be part of our weekend rota, working 1 in every 4 weekends but will get time off during the week to make up for the weekend hours worked.