As we enter into this 3rd and most critical lockdown, our priorities at the Vet remain very clear – to keep our teams and clients safe and provide appropriate and required services for the animals in our care, whilst doing everything that we can to reduce the spread of Covid-19 within our communities.
Keeping our teams and clients safe:
All of our centres are Covid secure, operating a one way system, socially distanced waiting booths, adequate hand sanitiser and protection Perspex screens. Our teams are also wearing the highest-grade PPE including N-95 facemasks and visors.
As a result of the lockdown, we have made a couple of other changes on what to do when visiting our centre:
- You will be asked to please wait outside or in your car until it is time for your appointment.
- If you asked to enter our reception area you must wear a face covering at all times.
- Any medication or prescriptions will need to be paid for over the phone and then collected from the collection box outside the centre
- Please use card or contactless payments where possible
Service with safety in mind:
Our mission is to provide animals with Gold Standard care and even in a crisis this does not change. If your animal is unwell, even mildly, please ensure that you seek veterinary advice without delay. We will always ensure that we see all animals requiring consultation.
We are still able to offer the following services:
- Sick or emergency appointments either in centre or via our telehealth services
- Any surgical, medical or diagnostic interventions deemed necessary by our clinical teams.
- Annual vaccinations that are between 13 and 15 months overdue (please note that our Liverpool centre will not be offering these until further notice)
- Primary vaccination courses
- Rabbit vaccination courses
- Essential dental treatment
- Essential neutering
- Please note that Kennel Cough vaccinations will only be offered at our Southampton and Portsmouth centres during lockdown due to local outbreaks.
However, to help reduce the risk of transmission there may be specific circumstances where our Clinical Director deems it appropriate for you and your pet to attend an online consultation in the first instance, through our vet on demand service.
Staffed by our own colleagues, it enables you to have a live video consultations with one of our vets, or to talk with one of our qualified nurses. It is easy to use and you will receive timely advice and treatment plans to provide the appropriate care and next steps for your pet’s needs. You can get seen quickly in your own home and unless it is necessary, you won’t have to make a physical visit to our centre.
We would also encourage that follow up appointments and pre and post operation checks are attended via this service to avoid unnecessary trips.
Reducing the spread of Covid-19 – without compromising on care:
In order to ensure we can provide the most urgent treatment, and minimise unnecessary travel, we have made the decision to pause some services for a short while. This will reduce non-critical visits to our centre, and hopefully help in reducing the spread of Covid-19.
This decision has been made where there is a lower impact to animal welfare by delaying specific services for a short period (a matter of a few weeks, only). Our services that will be paused for the time being are;
- Routine anal glands expressions and nail clips (excluding welfare cases/confirmed clinical conditions).
- Grooming services (only applicable for our Liverpool and Warrington centre)
- Dental Descales
- Please note that Kennel Cough vaccinations will be offered at our Southampton and Portsmouth centres only during lockdown due to local outbreaks.
Southampton, Nottingham, Morden and Warrington: any existing appointments will go ahead as planned– we will not be taking new bookings for the above services for the time being.
Waltham Forest: You will be contacted to re-arrange any appointments you have for our paused services. – we will not be taking new bookings for the above services for the time being. We will be in contact to re-arrange this.
Liverpool: any existing appointments will go ahead as planned until 25th January – we will not be taking new bookings for the above services for the time being.
Bristol: any existing appointments will go ahead as planned until 31st January – we will not be taking new bookings for the above services for the time being.
Flea and worm treatments:
We will still be able to prescribe and dispense flea and worm treatments for your animal. You can request this via our telemed service or by emailing your local centre. Payment for these treatments will be requested over the phone and you will need to pick them up from outside our centre when they are ready for collection.
Here when you need us:
We are here for you and your animals and there are a number of ways you can access us during the lockdown.
Our opening hours remain unchanged during this lockdown – meaning you can access our team 7 days a week. For our up to date times click here.
You can make an appointment via our vet on demand video consultation service and speak to one of our expert vets. This can be used for sick and injured animals, pre and post operation checks, follow up appointments and medication re-checks.
- Download the app
- Register to your local The Vet clinic
- Start a chat with us
You can call us at the centre, however we are currently experiencing an extremely high volumes but will always do our best to speak with you as soon as we can. Please bear with us at this busy time – and if your enquiry is a little less urgent, please send us an email as this helps keep the phones free for emergencies.
We will continue to review the situation locally and ensure our approach is providing the best possible care in a safe way, we will be in touch again soon with another update.
From all of us at the Vet, thank you for your ongoing kindness and support through these fast-changing and challenging times – all of our colleagues are incredibly grateful. We look forward to brighter times ahead.
Happy New Year