Important service update:
With the changes to the COVID guidance on 19th July, we wanted to provide you with an update of how we will be operating going forward. You will notice that our teams will continue to wear PPE. This is to ensure they remain safe.
– We kindly ask that you continue to wear a face mask during your visit. This is to ensure that we can continue to treat as many animals as possible.
– If you do not wish to wear a mask, we can still treat your animal, however, you will be asked to wait outside whilst we undertake the consultation.
– Only 1 client per social bubble will be allowed in our centre at any one time.
– Please use the hand sanitiser before entering reception.
– Please respect other client and their animals during your visit.
If our COVID measures make you feel uncomfortable, please speak to a member of our team when you arrive and we will work with you to find the best possible solution to undertake your animal’s consultation.
Need to see us fast?
The Vet On Demand lets you access expert veterinary care quickly. But it’s not just for emergencies. Our new video consultation service is also a convenient way to take care of routine checks as well – including…
– Medication check-ups
– Repeat prescription and flea and worm treatment requests
– New puppy or kitten advice
– Flea and worm checks
– Pre and post-op checks
– Skin problems and wounds
– Pets who are generally unwell
– Animals who get stressed when it’s time to come in and see us
If you have any other questions, please email the centre and help us in keeping phone lines free for emergencies.